The final course assignment will be a Summary Paper. The Summary Paper will be due the last day of class. The Summary Paper will contribute 25% to the course grade. Be sure to incorporate examples as necessary.
Focus of the Summary Paper
A. Explain how a major organization (e.g., Wal-Mart, Coca-Cola, etc.) utilizes the supply chain or logistics management systems to get its products to markets.
B. Describe how the supply chain function has improved over time for the organization.
C. Analyze the current technology used and the impact of this technology on supply chain capability.
D. Discuss specific ways outsourcing impacts an organization’s supply chain strategy.
E. Explains specific applicable rules and regulations related to the supply chain of the company (i.e. laws and/or policies).
F. Provide a recommendation and plan that you believe would be the best supply chain strategy for this organization.
G. Evaluate the expected benefits of your new strategy on the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization’s supply chain.
Writing the Summary Paper
• Must be 10 to 12 double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
• Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
• Must begin with an introductory paragraph that tells the reader what will be covered in the paper.
• Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
• Must end with a conclusion that tells the reader what was learned from reading the paper.
• Must use at least five professional resources, including a minimum of two from ProQuest, in addition to the text.
• Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
• Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.