Based on the required readings, lecture materials, scenario, and video for Week 7, you will turn in a word processing document with the following elements:
1. A cover sheet.
2. No less than four full pages of written text the Pros-Cons-Faults-And-Fixes technique to determine which option (or variation thereof) you recommend the TPD pursue. This section must include:
a. An introduction (no less than 5 sentences),
b. An explicit thesis statement (“This paper does this, this, and this.”),
c. The results of your Pros-Cons-Faults-And-Fixes analysis comparing Option 1 and Option 2 presented in the scenario lecture for this week.
d. And a conclusion answering the question, “So what?” about the rest of your paper (no less than 5 sentences).
3. A bibliography of ALL sources used for your paper in APA format (use http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ as a guide if necessary).
4. An addendum to the paper showing your Pros-Cons-Faults-And-Fixes matrix.
Your assignment should carefully adhere to the following guidelines:
1. All formatting, from the structure of the paper to citations, should conform to APA guidelines.
2. All work must be original and in your own words. No direct quotes permitted.
3. Use a 12-point font with 1-inch margins, double-spaced.
4. All text should be written in standard prose (no bullet points).
Discussions 75-150 words:
Reviewing Blair Analytics Software
This course introduces us to several computer programs that assist intelligence analysts.
One of the major companies that produce such programs for criminal intelligence analysis is Bair Analytics.
Visit their website at http://www.bairanalytics.com/ and take a look at some of the software they produce.
Based on the types of problems we have addressed in the course so far, which functions of their products do you think would be useful and why?
What is an example of another company offering similar products? How do the products that company offers compare to the products Bair Analytics offers?