bility to apply a working knowledge of the theories, terminology, and concepts of human growth and development
The purpose of this paper is for you to demonstrate your ability to apply a working knowledge of the theories, terminology, and concepts of human growth and development. You will discuss your own development over your lifetime and how it relates to the developmental concepts discussed throughout the semester. You are to analyze your life as it relates to the keys aspects of human growth and development. What are key developmental times in your life and the influencing factors that led to who you are today?
You are to incorporate your empirical studies related to your chosen developmental aspect of your life. Also, use the readings, videos, or presentations you viewed to support what you propose about your own development in your paper. Depending on your life and the influences, there may be more attention placed during one period of time. You are encouraged to glean information from your mother about her pregnancy with you to see if there were any notable issues during that time. Remember to include your spiritual development with applicable research.
In addition, obtain as much information as you can about any significant events in your early childhood years. How did you do in those key developmental years? Did you approach all developmental milestones with ease, or were there challenges? Since this is a comprehensive paper, you will address your development across your lifespan.
Finally, you will conclude your paper with addressing any current lifestyle behaviors that may influence your aging process. You are to address these issues, how they will affect your aging process, and what you plan to do about it.
The body of the paper is to be 8–10 pages (excluding title page, abstract, and references). Five points will be deducted for every page the assignment is short. If the assignment is 7 pages, 5 points will be deducted; if the assignment is 6 pages, 10 points will be deducted; if the assignment is 5 pages, 15 points will be deducted, etc.
This assignment is to be completed adhering strictly to current APA format. Points will be lost for poor citation use and poor use of empirical knowledge to support the author’s thoughts (you will not have an “A” paper without proper APA format, and without proper citations you will not have a “B” paper.).
You must include at least 8–10 peer-reviewed, relevant sources in your paper (at least 7 of the sources must be at least 7 empirical articles). The sources must have been written in 2005 or later, unless that citation is linked to an author whose work is seminal to your topic.
Follow the grading rubric!
Developmental Analysis Grading Rubric
|Introduction||0 to 10 points
· Is there a clear thesis statement? What is the topic you are going to address?
· Does the introduction provide a clear overview of the paper’s contents?
|Content||0 to 50 points
· Are the issues raised in the topic properly treated?
· Are differing viewpoints considered, analyzed, and treated?
· Is the analysis thorough?
|Conclusion||0 to 10 points
· Does the conclusion offer a good summary of issues treated in the paper?
· Does the conclusion offer suggestions for further study?
|0 to 10 points
· Does the bibliography contain at least 8–10 scholarly sources?
· Are materials properly cited and quoted in APA style?
· Are the sources written no earlier than 2005?
|Structure||0 to 10 points
· Are the transitions between paragraphs and sections clear?
· Are proper headings used?
· Is the treatment of the topic logically oriented?
|Style||0 to 10 points
· Does the paper use APA format correctly?
· Is the paper without spelling and grammatical errors?