Create the tables defined above in a star schema. Add the necessary columns in each table to facilitate the implementation of the queries
Starting from the database used in Project 1 (see the slightly changed schema from the original version used in P1, defined in the attached DDL file), a data warehouse star schema with the following characteristics will be defined:
- Dimension tables:
For this final project, perform the following steps:
- Create the tables defined above in a star schema. Add the necessary columns in each table to facilitate the implementation of the queries defined below. Only the four tables listed above are allowed in that star schema
- Write PL/SQL code (anonymous blocks and/or subprograms) to populate the warehouse schema with data from the normalized database provided in the attached DDL script
- Write SQL code to perform the following queries:
- What customer age group spent the most money in the last year? An age group is defined as a ten years interval, such as: 11 – 20, 21 – 30, etc
- In what zip codes did the highest number of sales (number of items) occur during April 2015?
- What day of the week did they do most business (by value of sales) in the last year?
- What quarter is the worst (by value of sales) for each product category, using the whole set of historical data available in the warehouse?
- What was the best sales month for each product in the last year?