You will create an introduction and literature review, which will make up the first two chapters of your written capstone document. Upon successful completion of this task, you will move to the capstone course where you will fully implement and complete your capstone project. Chapters one and two of your capstone project will not be evaluated again in the capstone course but must be included in the final capstone document.
Chapter One: Introduction
A. Provide an introduction (suggested length of 4–6 pages) that explains the rationale for your project by doing the following:
1. Provide your problem statement.
2. Explain the background of the problem.
3. Summarize the scope of the project by doing the following:
a. Describe the practice change, quality improvement, or innovation.
b. Provide a rationale for the practice change, quality improvement, or innovation.
Chapter Two: Literature Review
B. Provide a thorough and well-organized literature review on your topic by doing the following:
1. Review a minimum of 30 credible sources that were published within the last five years.
Note: In order to prove that you have reviewed 30 credible sources, you will need to provide a list, in APA format, of the sources you reviewed for part B1.
2. Identify best practices for your topic based on the review of literature.
3. Provide an evidence summary of the literature relevant to the topic you have chosen.
C. Recommend a practice change, quality improvement, or innovation based on the findings of the literature review and evidence summary from parts A and B.
Practice change is implementing change of care reporting or shift report at end of every shift. E-learning assignment is going to be created and standarized change of care report sheet.
D. Provide a preliminary reference list in APA format using the “MSN Capstone Template.”
E. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.