THE BOOK IS CALL “THE NEW DEAD” , THE TWO SHORT STORIES ARE “DELICE” BY HOLLY NEWSTEIN AND “LAZARUS” BY JOHN CONNOLLY
DO NOT POST THIS ASSIGNMENT UNTIL TWO WEEKS AFTER ALOT OF PEOPLE IN MY CLASS WILL BE DOING QUESTION 2
Write a four-page essay comparing two stories we read in the second half of the semester using one of the following topics:
- Research the concept of apocalypse and end times. Compare how the concept is used in two stories.
- Compare the representations of zombies in two stories. What do they represent?
- In mythical stories of resurrection there is a rebirth or renewal of life, nature, and civilization. Is this true in zombie fiction? Answer this question using two stories.
- Blood, guts, and brains (oh my!) are important characteristics of zombie fiction. Examine the role of the grotesque in two stories.
- How is zombie fiction changing? Using two stories, examine the development of the genre.
- Develop your own topic. Come talk to me first.
Use some historical or critical research to support your points. Cite any quotations or research using MLA style.
The assignment will be evaluated according to:
- Spelling and grammar