- Type: Individual Project
- Due Date: Mon, 08/24/15
- Points Possible: 135
- Deliverable Length: 750 – 1,000 words
Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Emergency managers focus on preparation for potential emergencies, disasters, and catastrophic events and on coordinating the response to those events. Emergency managers are the experts in the field of emergency management, and as experts, they are often called upon to provided information and advice to policy makers such as city managers, city councils, police chiefs and their staffs, fire chiefs and their staffs, and private-sector stakeholders.
- For this assignment, you must write 750–1,000 words in which you define and briefly explain the basic concepts associated with emergency management and the role emergency management plays in the city’s homeland security efforts.
- You should ensure that your list of definitions and explanations includes the following important terms associated with emergency management and homeland security:
- Emergency management
- Homeland security
- Incident command system
- Next, provide brief descriptions (1–2 sentences) of those terms.
- You should include appropriate examples to help ensure that your city council has a practical understanding of the concepts in your presentation.
- Reference all sources properly using APA style.
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
- Understand the definitions of important emergency management terms such as catastrophe, threats, and mitigations.
- Discuss and describe the emergency management concepts of, and organizational functions related to, preparedness, response, mitigation, and recovery.