By Monday, August 17, 2015, post your results to the M5: Assignment 1 Dropbox. Your written presentation to the following problem situation should be a formal academic presentation wherein APA guidelines apply.
A study wants to examine the relationship between student anxiety for an exam and the number of hours studied. The data is as follows:
|Student Anxiety Scores||Study Hours|
- Why is a correlation the most appropriate statistic?
- What is the null and alternate hypothesis?
- What is the correlation between student anxiety scores and number of study hours? Select alpha and interpret your findings. Make sure to note whether it is significant or not and what the effect size is.
- How would you interpret this?
- What is the probability of a type I error? What does this mean?
- How would you use this same information but set it up in a way that allows you to conduct a t-test? An ANOVA?
|Assignment 1 Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Explain why a correlation is the most appropriate statistic.||36|
|List the null and alternate hypothesis.||20|
|Compute and correctly present the correlation between student anxiety scores and number of study hours.||36|
|List the alpha, statistical significance of the results and the effect size. Provide an interpretation of the results.||60|
|List the probability of a type I error and explain what it means.||36|
|Explain how the same information would be set up to allow one to conduct a t-test and an ANOVA.||48|
Organization: Introduction, Thesis, Transitions, Conclusion
Usage and Mechanics: Grammar, Spelling, Sentence structure
APA Elements: Attribution, Paraphrasing, Quotations
Style: Audience, Word Choice
|Assignment 2: Discussion: Research Questions for Correlational and Chi-Square Designs
By Sunday, August 16, 2015 post your response to the prompt in the Discussion Area below. Through Wednesday, August 19, 2015, Review at least two of your classmates’ responses, and offer your thoughts on their findings and any recommendations you have to enhance the discourse.
Post a behavioral research situation that could use a Pearson coefficient research study and a chi square research study. Present the rationale for each selection. Be very specific in your presentation.