This course demonstrates how to apply selected statistical techniques to a wide variety of problems and situations arising in the areas of business, economics, finance and management.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Display quantitative data visually
- Determine the best statistics for describing, exploring, and comparing data
- Understand the binomial and normal probability distributions
- Estimate population proportions, means, and variances
- Understand and apply hypothesis testing and how to test claims about proportions, mean, and variance.
- Understand and apply correlation and simple regression techniques
- Understand and apply statistical quality control methods.