The grocery store, Wow Munchies, is considering developing an online store for customers to purchase food. Review the mini case from Chapter 8 for more background information that may help you complete this assignment.
The owner of the store believes that this capability will enable the store to grab market share from nearby Fast Food Co., which has a Web site and delivers food to the customer. This site will allow customers to purchase any item that is currently in stock in the store. The store will not deliver food, but will have the food bagged and ready for pickup at the time designated by the customer. Wow Munchies has a single storefront. Develop a three-to-five page paper (excluding the title and reference pages) that addresses the following:
- Develop an operational feasibility study.
- Evaluate whether the web site will enable Wow Munchies to gain market share. Describe what factors will affect the operational success of this web site.
- Develop a technical feasibility study.
- Describe what you would recommend the company use in the creation and maintenance of their web site (e.g. languages, specific hosts, encryption, etc.). Justify how your recommendations will positively affect the site and serve to meet the site objectives.
- Develop an economic feasibility study for the investment into an e-commerce site.
Propose a reasonable discount rate for the economic feasibility study and provide rationale for the discount rate.
Your paper must be formatted according to APA style guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Cite at least two scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.
Link to textbook