Read the call-of-the-question carefully, and follow the instructions for each subject. Prepare four briefing papers using the APA format for research papers, and upload them as one document for your response.
Briefing Paper 1: Critical Legal Thinking
- Read Murphy Oil USA, Inc. synopsis — Cheeseman text page 285-286 13.8 Guaranty Contract
- There is no need to read the case. Determine how your business would protect itself from a discharge of the debt identified in the case.
- Brief the facts of the case and assume your boss is seeking your opinions as on the discharge issue – argue both sides of the issue.
Briefing Paper 2: Law Case with Answers
- Read Deficiency Judgment — Cheeseman text page 268
- Determine whether your jurisdiction (state) has an anti-deficiency statute.
- Brief the facts of the case and assume your boss is seeking your opinions on the efficacy of anti-deficiency statue when your business is in the position of the First Bank in the example; argue both sides of the issues presented.
Briefing Paper 3: Critical Legal Thinking Cases
- Read Sections 13.4 Discharge � (p. 285); 12.8 Risk of Loss� (p. 263); 12.5 Limited Warranty� (p. 262); and 13.3 Bankruptcy � (p. 284-285)
- Check the decisions of the highest appellate courts, if a case is cited, for each fact pattern.
- Brief the facts of the case and assume your boss is seeking your opinions on whether each of the four subjects affect business in the United States and if so, provide the worst and best case scenarios.
Briefing Paper 4: Ethics Case
- Read Section 13.10 Ethics � Cheeseman text page 286
- Brief the facts of the case and assume your boss is seeking your opinions on the 3 questions found at the end of Section 13.10. Argue both sides of all issues.