Assignment 4: Change Management Plan
Using the organization where you work, one where you have worked, or one in which you are very familiar, identify a Human Resource Management program, policy, procedure, or initiative that you believe needs to be changed. Your goal is to apply Kotter’s 8 Stage Process of Creating Change to the HR situation you have selected, with corresponding suggestions for how to put this change initiative into practice. Once it is formulated, you will present your recommendations to upper management.
Change Management Plan
- Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
- Describe the organization in terms of industry, size, and history.
- Describe how the HR program /policy / process / procedure / initiative that has been proposed should be changed.
- Describe three (3) reasons why this change is important to make.
- Describe the recommended change.
- Develop a strategy that illustrates how you would address each of the eight (8) Stagesof Change (Establishing a sense of urgency; creating coalition; developing vision and strategy; communicating the vision; empowering broad-based action; generating short term wins; consolidating gains and producing more change; anchoring new approaches into the culture).
- Identify potential resistance to change and describe how the resistance would be managed.
- Outline at least three (3) communications strategies you would use.
- Propose two (2) diagnostic tools to identify the changes that need to be made in organization.
- Recommend two (2) strategies for sustaining the change.
- Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Section 1 of this assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.