Identify specific examples and explain of how each applies to the functions practiced in your place of work.
Focus of the Final Paper
This assignment focuses on how the management practices of planning, leading, organizing, staffing, and controlling are implemented in your workplace. If you are not currently working, you may use a previous employer. In this assignment, you must:
- Analyze the application of these management concepts to your place of work; the paper will not simply be a report on the five functions in general.
- Identify specific examples and explain of how each applies to the functions practiced in your place of work.
Be sure to integrate vocabulary learned throughout this course and citations from the text to support your analysis. The paper should be five to six pages in length and formatted according APA style guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of three from the Ashford University Library, in addition to the course textbook.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Baack, D., Reilly, M., & Minnick, C., & (2014). The five functions of effective management (2nd ed.). San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education, Inc.
This text is a Constellation™ course digital materials (CDM) title.
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. (2014, January 8). Home : Occupational Outlook Handbook: : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved from http://www.bls.gov/ooh