What led to the creation of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and when was it passed?
- There are 11 separate titles. List them and briefly describe each.
- What is the Act’s primary purpose?
- List a few things in the Act that are considered problematic and state what the problem is.
- Provide a list of at least three countries that have similar laws and note what their names are.
- Do you think the Act is meeting the goals established, e.g., will it be effective in avoiding future fraudulent actions? Provide an explanation for your decision.