Format and Grading. This should be 3-4 pages long, double-spaced, 11pt font (arial or times new roman), with 1″ margins. Your essay will be graded based upon (1) the clarity of your presentation of your chosen current event and its relevance to the study of society; (2) the insightfulness of your general analysis of the current event from a sociological perspective, and (3) your usage of ideas and examples from the class to frame and develop your analysis. Specifics are available in the rubric below.
The Assignment meets the following course objectives:
- Apply a sociological perspective to the social world.
- Analyze contemporary social issues using the sociological imagination and use sociological theories and concepts to analyze everyday life.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify, locate, and retrieve information related to the topics in the course.
- Develop written communication skills and critical thinking skills.
- Apply American Psychological Association formatting and citation style when completing course assignments.
General description: Choose a news article related to current events. The article can be from any recognized newspaper, magazine, or website that covers current events. The article must have been published within the past three months.
The paper is due Sunday by DUE: Sep 6, 2015 11:55 PM
DISCLAIMER: Originality of attachments will be verified by Turnitin. Both you and your instructor will receive the results.
Bottom of Form