Turnit in will be used to check for plagiarism!!
Review the first three pages of the local newspaper and editorial section, review news from an online source, or review the first 10 minutes of the local news on television for stories on crime. Determine the approximate percentage of stories from those sources that dealt with crime, the nature of the crime chronicled, and the location of the story in the source (e.g., front page, leading story, etc.).
For this week’s assignment:
- Summarize your observations of the local news media stories
- Explain how the media influences the criminal justice policy process.
- Analyze the news stories to determine how news stories are affecting crime control policies of the local criminal justice system (i.e., police, courts, or corrections) serving your community.
- Evaluate the role of media influence on criminal justice policy in your local community or state based on your analysis.
Your paper must:
- Be four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
- Use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the newspaper articles being evaluated.
- Document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style