Assignment 1: The Future of the Industrial/Organizational Profession
The current trends and changes in the industrial/organizational (I/O) profession will be addressed in this assignment. The impact of these changes also drives how the industrial/organizational (I/O) professionals will help leaders drive change in their organizations. With these changes, leaders will need to understand what challenges they must overcome when managing the change within the organization. In addition, the specific tools that a leader can use to help overcome these challenges will be learned.
Choose one area of change your organization is currently going through and address current challenges and tools or recommendations you can use to overcome the challenges to change management.
In your response, answer the following:
- Describe three current trends in the industrial/organizational (I/O) profession.
- Describe how these trends change how the industrial/organizational (I/O) professionals will help leaders drive change in their organizations.
- State one current change your organization is experiencing.
- Identify the challenges leaders must overcome managing this particular change.
- Provide recommendations and identify specific tools the leaders of your organization can use when implementing change.
- By Saturday, September 5, 2015, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through Wednesday, September 9, 2015, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. While responding, identify the similarities and differences between your posts and your classmates’ posts. In your response, consider the following:
- Posing a question to your classmates’ posts
- Making an observation about the content of your classmates’ posts
- Commenting on an idea or a concept
- Highlighting an experience or insight gained from reading your classmates’ posts