The superintendent has indicated that it is imperative teachers are hired who have the ability to facilitate higher levels of student academic achievement.
Imagine that you are given the task of hiring five new teachers at your school. Two teachers will be placed at an elementary school in the district and three teachers will be placed at the local high school. The district is an urban district and is struggling with implementing the Common Core State Standards in math and language arts. The superintendent has indicated that it is imperative teachers are hired who have the ability to facilitate higher levels of student academic achievement.
For this assignment, you are asked to create an eight- to ten-page proposal, excluding the title and reference pages, to present to the superintendent that describes and defends the criteria that should be used to determine who will be hired to fill those positions. Make a recommendation for adopting a policy that will communicate and support the criteria that should be used to select teachers in your district. In your report, also make recommendations for processes and protocols that should be implemented to support these new teachers during their first year in the district. Be sure to use at least two outside scholarly sources in addition to the course textbook to inform your proposal.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a comprehensive thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis statement.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources, including the textbook.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.