Discuss and describe the emergency management concepts of, and organizational functions related to, preparedness, response, mitigation, and recovery.
- Type: Discussion Board
- Due Date: Sun, 09/13/15
- Points Possible: 75
- Deliverable Length: 400-600 words plus peer responses
Primary Discussion Response is due by Wednesday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Sunday (11:59:59pm Central).
Reflective Summary: Review and reflect on the Government Roles and Emergency Management Discussion Board. Based on your review and reflection of new learnings in this course, write at least 400-600 words on the following points:
- What have you learned from others’ responses?
- What were the most compelling points from the interaction with your fellow students?
- How did participating in this discussion help in your understanding of the Discussion Board task?
- What approaches could have yielded additional valuable information in the students’ networking?
- What is still unclear after the discussion with your classmates that needs to be clarified?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
- Discuss and describe the emergency management concepts of, and organizational functions related to, preparedness, response, mitigation, and recovery.
- Discuss the types and history of hazards – both natural and man-made.
- Identify the organizations, and their functions, on all levels (federal, state, and local) involved in Emergency Management.