Assignment 1: Utilize the document I have attached as the basis for assignment 1 only
This journal article review addresses criminal justice policy issues that stem from the formation of the Department of Homeland Security in 2002, such as concerns stemming from the passage of the Patriot Act.
Formal Report: The majority of your review should be focused on your analysis of the journal article. In your formal report:
- Summarize the journal article.
- Identify the key findings and issues as presented by the authors of journal article.
- Summarize the recommendations of the authors.
- Analyze the article as it applies to the criminal justice policy issue. (This should be the main focus of your paper.)
Your journal article review must:
- Be 3 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
- Use at least two scholarly sources in to the newspaper articles being evaluated.
- Document all sources in APA style
- Include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style
The political makeup of the U.S. Supreme court can affect major rulings. Select a major ruling that has changed or been modified over the last 20 to 30 years (e.g., Miranda advisements, search and seizure rules, the exclusionary rules, use of DNA evidence, police surveillance, data mining, etc.). In your paper:
- Explain the role of the U.S. Supreme Court in criminal justice policy making.
- Explain how the court’s decisions changed the selected criminal justice policy.
- Examine potential issues that must be evaluated in the future by the U.S. Supreme Court that will further shape criminal justice policy (e.g., you could discuss how advances in technology such as surveillance, computer analysis, drones, police equipment, etc., have affected the courts decisions).
- Analyze how the U.S. Supreme Court criminal justice decision affects social justice.
Your paper must:
- Be 3 ½ double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style
- Use at least five scholarly sources Document all sources in APA style
- Include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style Final Paper