Scenario: A 40-year-old woman was recently diagnosed with Stage II breast cancer and had a right side mastectomy this morning and is grieving the loss of her femininity. She has a 13-year-old daughter who becomes over involved in her school activities and wants to get all A’s on her next report card, a 12-year-old son who refuses to talk about his mother’s condition and a husband who starts attending daily religious offerings.
Create a discussion post using the information in the scenario and the information that was read in the assignments, apply it to the scenario, and identify:
- Name and explain which defense mechanism each of the four (4) family members using to deal with the stress the family is facing?
- Include information about each family member’s stage of growth and development when formulating your responses: How does the RN determine if the defense mechanisms are helpful or harmful.
- Using nursing judgment develop a 3 part nursing diagnosis statement for each family member which includes one NANDA-I diagnosis, an etiology and the defining characteristics (nursing diagnosis + related to + as evidence by).
- Identify the data cluster (grouping of significant data that points to the existence of a patient health problem) used to select the nursing diagnosis.
- One (1) assessment to validate each the nursing diagnosis
- One (1) outcome statement for each (realistic, measureable and contains a time frame).
- Suggest four (4) active, single and discreet interventions, one (1) for each family member, to aid in their adaptation to the situation. Provide an evidence based rationale to support each intervention.
- Identify how you would communicate this information to the health care team to coordinate care.
- APA style , no more than a page just the basic information, and 2 reffrences within 5 yrs old ….