For the course project, you write a plan for a procurement and contract cycle. Your plan will consist of the best practices to manage the procurement and contract cycle. It is important that you understand a variety of real world facets of procurement management and demonstrate your understanding in the plan you develop.
The topic choices for this final project plan include the following two case studies:
- Case Study #1: “Going Green” University Project – This case focuses on a university converting their present facilities to being “green” and is best suited to learners interested in project management within this capacity.
To achieve a successful project experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following requirements.
1. Choose and provide a summary description of a project that requires procurement management.
2.Annotated Outline and Bibliography: You will need to clearly lay out the structure of your plan and provide an initial set of annotated references for support.
About Your In-Depth Analysis
Concentrating on managing procurement processes, you will need to describe how each of the following work within your organization:
- Plan procurements.
- Conduct procurements.
- Administer procurements.
- Close procurements.
Your in-depth analysis should include the following:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of each process.
- List the roles and responsibilities of the project manager in each process.
- Propose best practices to improve three (or more) processes. Explain why your proposed improvements would make procurement more effective.
- Your final plan should be 10-15 pages long, double-spaced, using either Times New Roman or Arial (Helvetica) 12 pt.
- References and citations must adhere to APA style formatting.
To successfully complete this project, you will be expected to:
- Describe the activities and required processes to procure goods and services.
- Explain the strategies for procurement planning, conducting procurements, administering procurements, and closing procurements.
- Determine the terms and conditions of procurement contracts and what other items need to be incorporated to assure that the buyer receives from the vendor what is required.