Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday, and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Respond to the following scenario with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use research to reinforce your ideas.
Over the last few weeks, you have addressed many important human resources (HR) issues related to this expansion. Since SaharaOasis’s plans to continue such an expansion, a new position of logistics manager is being developed to help organize and manage resources across facilities and with suppliers.
Using Bloomberg Businessweek B-School Connection resources, research job analysis, and a create a paper of 750–1,000 words that addresses the following:
- Discuss the process you would use to develop this new position.
- What role does job analysis play in developing a job description and subsequent job posting?
- Specifically, which job analysis techniques would you use, and why?
- Why should more than 1 technique be used?
- Once the job analysis and subsequent job description are developed, how can the organization use this information to make this position a success?
- Process improvement in the organization from a production and operations management is a key component of the Logistics Manager position. Considering this, describe the potential selection criteria that you will use for the new Logistics Manager.
As part of the hiring process for the Logistics Manager, a compensation package needs to be prepared. In an additional 250–500 words, add the following to Part 1:
- What steps would you use to determine the appropriate compensation for this position?
- How would you ensure that there is internal as well as external pay equity?
- What role does indirect compensation play in ensuring equity?
Provide a reference list at the end of your presentation of at least 8 Bloomberg Businessweek B-School Connection articles, and include in-text citations for the articles in APA format.
In a single document separate from your Part 1 and 2 paper, prepare a 10-page professional portfolio that you would submit to a prospective employer that includes the following:
- A title page
- Table of contents
- An official professional autobiography
- A cover letter
- A resume
- A 500-word paper describing your career goals
- A listing of awards and honors
- Work samples from your professional career or from university courses
- Letters of reference
- Any other completed career resources that you would like to include
Your professional portfolio should be formatted consistently, professionally, and should be free of grammatical errors. As you are preparing your professional portfolio, you can use the following resources from CTU Career Services:
- Guide to Career Documents
- CTU Career Launcher Resume Sample
- CTU Career Changer Resume Sample
- CTU Career Advancer Resume Sample
- CTU Career Resume Tips
- CTU Career Cover Letter Guide
- CTU Career Accomplishment Statement Guide
Click here to download CTU Career Services Resources.
Each student at Colorado Technical University has his or her own unique career needs. Whether you are just starting out on your chosen career path, advancing within your current career, or changing careers altogether, Career Services at CTU Online can assist you with your career planning and job search. They can help you identify the talents, skills, knowledge, and experience you could bring to a prospective employer, as well as help you to better understand your interests and how your personality type relates to work. They can also help you devise a career action plan, identify possible job opportunities, and provide feedback on how you can more effectively position yourself as a candidate for these opportunities. Contact CTU Career Services at 866-8136-1836 or firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with your dedicated career coach. CTU Career Services can also help you with the following:
- Build your professional brand, establish your digital identity and social media presence
- Learn how to use LinkedIn® and other resources to develop your professional network
- Craft a resume that effectively promotes your qualifications and speaks to the needs of your target employer
- Enhance your interviewing skills by conducting mock interviews
- Network with employers through CTU Career Snapshots and CTU Employer Profile Webinars
- Access potential career opportunities from employers who have posted available positions within CTU’s internal job board
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.