- Case Study #1 (Thursday 10)
Students will be assigned a case study that they will read and apply a decision making process to make a decision. The case study can be found under week 4 content area.
The purpose of this assignment is for students to demonstrate they understand that decision making is a process that can be used to make better decisions.
Required Elements to include in the Short Case Study:
Using the Five point decision making process developed in class make the decision for Alex. In review, the five step process includes: 1) Frame the Decision Statement 2) Determine the Objectives desired by Alex from the solution 3) Suggest alternatives that cover as many of the desired objectives of Alex as possible and evaluate them in terms of long term and short term consequences 4) Weight objectives and evaluate the final alternatives and make a decision (revisit steps 1 and 2 to make sure you are evaluating for the correct decision statement) 5) Review the decision against its implementation.
Explain each step of the process using the class reading material and then apply it to the fact pattern. You are Alex and you are making the decision. Show specifically how you go about making the decision. Be sure to tell how and what factors you used in drawing your conclusions. It is the process and how you apply it that is most important in this paper, not whether you come up with the “right” solution. Again, you must explain each step of the process as you go along.
Make sure to apply the concepts of critical thinking, bias, stakeholders, and risk and uncertainty in your explanation.
Required Formatting of Short Case Study:
- This report should be double spaced, in narrative format, 12-point font, and three to four pages in length excluding the title page and reference page;
- Title page with your name, the course name, the date, and instructor’s name.
- Include a reference page;
- Use headings;
- Write in the third person;”
- Use APA formatting for in-text citations and reference page. You are expected to paraphrase and not use quotes. Deductions will be taken when quotes are used and found to be unnecessary;
- Submit the paper in the Assignment Folder.