What were the challenges you faced in researching the topics? Did any topic prove to be more difficult to research?
Assignment 1: Researching Reliable Resources
Discussion Rules of Engagement:
- Be polite and professional.
- Keep an open mind.
- Keep personal information personal.
- Issue complaints privately.
- Be patient.
- Be honest.
Before You Begin…
To successfully complete your assignment, you should have completed the following tasks:
- From your textbook, Keys to effective learning: Study skills and habits for success, read:
- Review materials under the topic of “Researching Tips”
- Review materials under the topic of “Content Integrity”
The Internet is a wonderful universe of information. But not all of it is trustworthy, or credible, for use in college-level academic research. Using the Internet for research, identify at least one academically credible website for each of the following topics:
- Plagiarism or academic citation
- Study skills
- Time management
- Stress management
- Budgeting or personal finance
Note: It is important that your sources are credible websites regarding each of the topics. Wikipedia is not a credible source of information.
Prepare a list of the credible websites you found. For each of the five topics above, consider the following:
- What were the challenges you faced in researching the topics? Did any topic prove to be more difficult to research?
- What methods did you use to identify potential authoritative resources?
- What made you think that each of the sites chosen was academically credible?
By Saturday, September 26, 2015, Post your response in the Discussion Area. Review and comment on at least two peers’ responses. Complete your participation in this assignment by Tuesday, September 29, 2015.