Owners of a company have decided to expand their operations. They have hired you to be a financial analyst, to help with the underwriting process to help sell $100 million in new 10-year bonds to finance a new plant. The owners of the company do not know what the bond features or the coupon rate the company would likely have.
Although you are aware of bond features, you are uncertain as to the costs and benefits of some features, but the owners of the firm have asked you to prepare a report to the owners describing the effect of each of the following bond features on the coupon rate of a bond. They would also like for you to explain the advantages and disadvantages of each feature.
The memo needs to address the following –
- The security of the bond
- The seniority of the bond
- The presence of a sinking fund
- A call provision with specified call dates and call price
- A deferred call accompanying the above call provision
- A make whole call provision
- Any positive covenants
- Any negative covenants
- A conversion feature on the non-public company
- A floating coupon.
The assignment should be done in a term paper format with appropriate appendixes when required. Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the chapters and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Upload your assignment using the Upload Assignment button below.
Grading guideline –
- Introduction is attention getting with sufficient background information to establish the topic and a clear thesis statement.
- The three main points are each supported by at least 3 solid proofs (quote, statistic, example). The topic is clearly tied to Business Finance. At least one cause is presented followed by clear details for each of the main points. At least one effect is explained based off the main points. The progression is clear and makes sense throughout the paper. The paper should be however long needed to answer all the questions. Paper is written in third person, past tense throughout without any contractions used.
- The conclusion summarizes the main points, and leaves the reader with a strong comprehension of the paper’s significance and the author’s understanding of the problem and case.
- All research is correctly credited
- Grammatically correct – No spelling, grammar, or mechanics errors.