For this assignment, you will review the steps to communicating the purpose of a research study and management question, examine the process to create a literature review, and develop Purpose of the Investigation andManagement/Business questions to use as a guide to your investigation. You will also begin researching information for the Problem or Opportunity Background section of your Portfolio Project.
Please note that the literature review, which is in Section II of your Portfolio Project, is entitled Problem or Opportunity Background. There are several components to this assignment:
- Revise and complete the Section I Worksheet—Business Opportunity or Section I Worksheet—Organizational Problem
- Draft Section I using the Portfolio Project Template.
Problem or Opportunity Background
- Provide an outline of areas/topics you intend to investigate.
- Submit a list of at least twelve references that you will analyze and incorporate into Section II of the Portfolio Project (Problem or Opportunity Background) for the Week 8 Portfolio assignment in this course.
- Concentrate on using references that were published within the last five years.
- Ensure that a minimum of three references for each topic area have been identified at this point in the process.
- Identify and include a specific theory that is relevant to the topic, problem, purpose and management question.
Remember: the literature review does not attempt to answer your problem statement. The twelve references will provide the most up-to-date review of the areas/topics of your investigation. The references will be a starting point to develop Section II – Problem or Opportunity Background, which is due in Week 8 as part of the Portfolio Project.
Your well-written paper (one to three pages for Section I draft, plus outline of areas/topics for investigation and list of twelve references) should be formatted according to APA guidelines, including a title page, running head, page numbers, a separate reference page and the completed Worksheet asanAppendix.