What are the indicators of exceptionality a classroom teacher should look for when a student also has a language barrier?
Pretend as if you have Interviewed an ELL, ESL (english as a second language) instructor from a school about how assessment is used for placement. Your questions will include (but should not be limited to) the following:
- What are the indicators of exceptionality a classroom teacher should look for when a student also has a language barrier?
- How can informal as well as formal assessment results factor into placement?
- What role do parents and teachers have in placement?
- What are some primary factors that are exhibited in underachievement that may not necessarily signal special education needs?
- How are changes among individual ELL proficiency levels over the course of the school year accounted for?
- How are diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments integrated for ELLs in mainstream classrooms?
- What are the benefits of the SIOP protocol for native English speakers as well as those for whom English is an additional language?
Consolidate your findings in a 15-20 slide PowerPoint presentation as if you were to inform your colleagues about the assessment and placement process.
Describe the content and use of the Arizona English Language Learner Assessment (AZELLA) in guiding ELL instruction. Compare the use of the AZELLA to the process in your state. If your state is Arizona, you may elaborate on the process. How do AZELLA score reports facilitate achievement among ELLs? How does the process in your state facilitate achievement among ELLs? (SEE ATTACHED LINKS FOR DETAILS ALSO
Include presenter’s notes, a title slide, in-text citations, and a reference slide that contains at least three sources from the required readings or your research.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.