Determine the key federal rules and regulations that must be known by managers before the organizing is attempted by the SEIU.
THIS IS DUE BY SATURDAY NIGHT! NO PLAGARISM! PRICE IS NON-NEGOTIABLE! DO NOT PING ME!! SEND HANDSHAKE THANKS!! 🙂
You have just been hired as the Assistant Director of Labor Relations for a 400-bed hospital, employing nearly 3,000 employees, of which 800 are registered nurses. The hospital is the largest hospital in the town of 102,000, competing with two other hospitals for scarce healthcare talent. You watch anxiously as the not-for-profit facility on the east side of town is under pressure from the Service Employees International Union (SEIU)-Healthcare to unionize based on wages and staffing ratios. You have been asked by the Chief Labor Counsel for your opinion on the next course of action for the hospital. Since your hospital is a non-profit healthcare institution, it is important to know the guidelines that not-for-profit organizations may encounter versus for-profit companies.
In a paper, address the following:
- Determine the key federal rules and regulations that must be known by managers before the organizing is attempted by the SEIU.
- Discuss the impact on profit and not-for-profit organizing efforts and consideration.
- What rules must the hospital consider when providing access to employees regarding their right to meet to organize?
- Compose a strategic plan to prepare managers for a potential organizing attempt by the SEIU.
- Address how these work related laws affect both employers and employees. Provide specific examples and recommendations within your plan.
- Conclude your paper with a recommendation if the hospital should look into organizing with SEIU and justify your reasoning.
Support your paper with a minimum of three resources, which may include your required text. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 5-7 pages, not including title and reference pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.