Assignment 2: Required Assignment 2—Implementation of Sustainability in an Organization
All consumers and firms affect sustainability in different ways, either directly or indirectly. In practicing sustainability, a firm could create value for consumers, investors, and other stakeholders, such as the community in which the firm operates within its value chain. In addition, a firm engaging in good sustainable practices can fulfill the needs of its customers, earn a profit, and preserve the environment. This assignment will allow you, as a consumer, to explore how you can impact sustainability.
Propose a substantial investment plan to improve the performance of your work group or organization or an organization you hope to work for. The investment can be made in human resources, in expansion of tangible or intangible assets toward new uses, or in capital equipment or new technology.
Analyze how the investment plan achieves the following:
- Contributes to the mission of the company
- Expands rewards for all major components of the value chain, which should include the company, employees, suppliers, and customers
- Generates wealth or value and is sustainable over time
- Evaluates and anticipates risks associated with the investment
Organize your work to create a 2- to 3-page professional memo in a Microsoft Word document outlining your investment plan to the director and an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation script with complete endnotes explaining your recommendations to employees in your work group. Follow APA standards for citation of sources.
- Save your Microsoft Word document with the name M5_A2_lastname_firstinitial.doc and your Microsoft PowerPoint presentation with the name M5_A2_lastname_firstinitial.ppt.
- By Tuesday, September 29, 2015, submit your documents to the M5: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
This assignment is worth 300 points.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Proposed a substantial investment plan to improve the performance of your work group or organization or an organization you hope to work for.||
|Analyzed how the business plan contributes to the mission of the company.||
|Analyzed how the business plan expands rewards for all major components of the value chain, which should include the company, employees, suppliers, and customers.||
|Analyzed how the business plan generates wealth or value and is sustainable over time.||
|Analyzed how the business plan evaluates and anticipates risks associated with the investment.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||