Technical merit is substantially more important than price in determining who will be included in the competitive range.
Formal Proposal Submission Assignment
Go to the https://fbo.gov
- Search for an opportunities within a 90 day period and select any opportunity of your choice.
- Include the solicitation Number and Contract Award date.
- Submit a formal written proposal in response to the opportunity that you have selected.
Technical merit is substantially more important than price in determining who will be included in the competitive range. As proposals become more technically equal, price will take on greater significance. The Government will select the top 3-5 Offers, considering the following evaluation criteria, listed in descending order of importance.
- Technical Approach
- Subject Matter Knowledge
- Key Staff and Other Resources
- Past Performance
Written Proposal Format and Instructions
Your written proposal must have a minimum of 20 pages but not exceed 25 pages in length and include the items below:
- 1 Page Business Professional Cover Letter addressed to the bid contact, including your overall cost estimate (bid) for the project.
- Technical Approach should be at least 5-7 pages and include a description of your management planfor the overall project. Hint: Use of PM concepts apply here!
- Resumes should be summarized for the key staff that you are proposing indicating their past experience, skills and education relative to the bid selection (at least 3-5 – one page each).
- 3 Past Performance references. Each reference must include a point of contact and contact information in addition to a brief description of the work performed by your company.
- Description ofa proposed teaming partner and/or subcontractors and explanation of how they will contribute to the project
- Your proposed bid should includeevidence your company capabilities, as well as your proposed partners’ capabilities.
- The format of your entire proposal must use standard margins with the font size of 12 pointsand include any required attachments or appendices.
Please note that there must be no communication with the client regarding this initiative until a selection has been made. This includes any potential teaming partners and subcontractors. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. Any questions or concerns must be addressed to the instructor.
- Cover letter
- Technical Approach
- Resume (Skills Summary)
- Project Manager/Owner (your full resume modified to fit the project)
- Staff: Jane Doe Skills Summary
- Staff: John Doe Skills Summary
- Past References
- Client #1 contact information, project title and project description
- Client #2 contact information,project title and project description
- Client #3 contact information,project title and project description
- Teaming Partners / Sub-contractors
- Company Capabilities
- Partner Capabilities