Define authorization and access to an IT infrastructure based on an access control policy framework.
Some business and organizational network infrastructures consist of multiple systems from the same or different vendors to provide, conduct, process, and execute various business functions. Some employees must access one or more of these systems using valid access credentials (username and password). Logging in and out of each system whenever access is desired can become a problem for most users. Businesses and organizations have resorted to using Single Sign-On (SSO) for user authentication and authorization.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Analyze at least five (5) problems experienced by employees in an enterprise where Single Sign-On (SSO) has not been implemented.
- Some businesses and organizations use Active Directory (AD) to provide SSO access to the enterprise. Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of using AD for SSO access.
- Some businesses and organizations use Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LADP) to provide SSO access to the enterprise. Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of using LADP for SSO access.
- Compare and contrast a Kerberos-based SSO configuration to a smart card based configuration in terms of:
- established standards
- implementation challenges
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Define authorization and access to an IT infrastructure based on an access control policy framework.
- Define proper security controls within the User Domain to mitigate risks and threats caused by human behavior
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in access control.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to Security Access & Control Strategies using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.