Write 2 Lesson Plans each based on a different domain from the Children’s Comprehensive Curriculum model.
In this Assignment, you will create two lesson plans that address the integration of content areas and learning domains through a theme based approach.
This Assignment has two parts. The first is the selection of an age appropriate, meaningful topic: one that represents both the interests of the children and the educational goals of the curriculum. Consider that long-term engagement in multi-sensory experiences is essential to a good topic selection.
The second is writing two lesson plans for the identified topic, each plan representing a different domain of the Children’s Comprehensive Curriculum model. The plans will be completed using the template provided in DocSharing.
Select a topic to use as the focus of your lesson plans. The topic should be one that is of interest to children: something in their everyday experience that invites exploration. It should also be a topic that fits with learning standards created by government or professional organizations.
Write 2 Lesson Plans each based on a different domain from the Children’s Comprehensive Curriculum model. Each lesson plan, though from a separate domain, will be focused on the same topic. The domains are:
- The Aesthetic Domain
- The Affective Domain
- The Cognitive Domain
- The Language Domain
- The Physical Domain
- The Social Domain
Your lesson plan must be presented in the template provided. Two plans from two different domains; both focused on the same topic. Note: There are examples in Appendix A of your text Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum, 5th ed., pp. 488–494, however they are not presented in the same template form you will be using.
Your project should include a one page introduction (150–300 words) in your project naming and supporting the topic as a good selection. Then, integrate the topic into two separate lesson plans presented in the provided template (1 page each), written in Standard American English, in a 12-point font size (Arial or Times New Roman) with one-inch margins and APA style citations. Include a title page and a reference page (but these are not included in the three page requirement). Be sure to do a spelling and grammar check of your work. For help with citations/references please refer to the APA Quick Reference Guide under Course Home and also visit the KU Writing Center.
Writing Requirements and Guidelines
Your Assignment should include:
- Cover page
- Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and unit number, and date
- Complete the Unit 8 Template, including at least 2–3 sentences addressing each topic
- Describe 4 topics that can best help address diversity in an art center
- Reference list
- Sources in APA format
- You must use your text and two additional sources
- Complete Unit 8 Template
- Times New Roman 12 point font, Double-spaced
- Written adhering to the guidelines of Standard American English. This means that your thoughts should be well-organized, logical, and unified as well as original with the viewpoint and purpose clearly established and sustained. Standard American English guidelines also include the use of correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Written in APA Formatting and Citation style
If you need assistance with APA style, visit the Kaplan University Writing Center at http://kucampus.kaplan.edu/MyStudies/AcademicSupportCenter/WritingCenter.Index.aspx
Submitting your Assignment
Put your Assignment in a Word document. Save it in a location and with a name that you will remember. When you are ready to submit it, go to the Dropbox and complete the steps below:
- Click the link that says “Submit an Assignment.”
- In the “Submit to Basket” menu, select Unit 8: Assignment.
- In the “Comments” field, make sure to add at least the title of your paper.
- Click the “Add Attachments” button.
- Follow the steps listed to attach your Word document.
- To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it.