Write an essay of 750-1,000 words in which you:
1. Describe the structure and function of the electoral college.
- How and when was it created in the U.S.?
- Why was it created, and by whom?
2. Compare the electoral college to a popular vote approach for elections.
- How does the electoral college system operate/function?
- What are consequences of using an electoral college system versus a popular vote? Use the 2000 presidential election as an example.
3. Assess the value of an individual citizen’s vote under the electoral college system.
- Why does the U.S. still use the electoral college for presidential elections today?
GCU library is required. All material must come from the library and cited within the text and r