Reflect on a serious theme invoked by 2 works which are “The Island of Dr. Moreau” and “Sherlock Holmes: A Scandal in Bohemia”
Reflective Analysis Essay
I want you to reflect on a serious theme invoked by 2 works which are “The Island of Dr. Moreau” and “Sherlock Holmes: A Scandal in Bohemia”
This could be a question of the ethics of scientific experimentation and its limits; this could an inquiry of what separates out the human from the animal; this could be a discussion of fetishizing or privileging of intelligence over moral responsibility or other emotional or sociable traits; or any other such large theme shared in the two texts mentioned above.
What is required is:
• A clearly stated theme or problem to explore from the texts
• A clearly stated thesis (opinion)
• Sustained analysis of events or language from the two texts as your primary evidence,
• At least two substantive quotations from each text with analysis explaining how you understand that quote
• At least one piece of external evidence to support you idea
And here are the two text that you need to read in order to write this essay:
1- Wells, H. G., and Steven Grant. The Island of Dr. Moreau. Classics Illustrated,Vol. 12: Papercutz, 2012. Print.
PDF for the text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/159/159-h/159-h.htm
2- Doyle, Arthur Conan, Sir. Sherlock Holmes: A Scandal in Bohemia, 1991.
PDF for the text: https://sherlock-holm.es/stories/pdf/a4/1-sided/scan.pdf