THE COMPANY WE ARE GOING TO USE IS APPLE
Obtain approval from your instructor for a company that you will analyze for this project. The company must be from this list.
Download the most recent Annual Report from your chosen company’s Web site; this is commonly located on the Investor Relations page. Prepare a report analyzing business mathematics concepts. Be sure to include the following in your report:
- Explain how mathematics is used in the preparation of financial statements.
- Discuss examples of business problem solving using mathematics from the Annual Report.
- Explain the cost recovery methods used in the Annual Report, and indicate how these are factored into the Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
- Discuss the types of indebtedness reported on the Balance Sheet and how the interest is computed.
- Prepare and explain a horizontal analysis of the Balance Sheet for all years presented in the Annual Report.
- Prepare and explain a vertical analysis of the Income Statement for all years presented in the Annual Report.
- Explain the importance of using ratios and percentages in communicating financial results