Write clearly and concisely about basic internetworking using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Suppose the image below is your company’s network diagram after a merger and you have recently added access controls to your network. The CSO would like to:
- Change the internal network address to incorporate variable length subnet mask (VLSM) with EIGRP routing protocol.
- Set up all of the accountants on a separate VLAN.
- Create a VPN connection to allow accountants to access the accounting database from their home.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Re-create the diagram provided in the assignment summary using VLSM, through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Visio or an open source alternative such as Dia. (The starting address is 172.16.0.0.) Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Specify the commands that you would use to set up the routers to use EIGRP.
- Outline the requirements to set up a VLAN and VPN access for the accountants.
- Specify the VLAN assignment, and incorporate a Spanning Tree protocol into your design to eliminate loops.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or an equivalent such as Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe and implement Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs) on a computing network.
- Compare and contrast dynamic routing, distance vector routing, and link-state routing protocols.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in Internetworking.
- Write clearly and concisely about basic internetworking using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.