Imagine you work in the IT department of a new company called Web Assets (WA), located in Denver CO. WA builds custom Websites and provides technical support for clients. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) wants you to create a new customer database using Microsoft SQL 2012 that will interface with the company’s Web server, so that any inquiries or potential customer data can be stored and retrieved by the sales force. The company is expecting to expand and offer these same services in Phoenix AZ, and Sacramento CA. The pertinent information required from each potential customer includes:
- First and Last name
- Contact Phone Number
- Contact Email address
- Description of project
Since there will be three (3) sites, the CIO wants to ensure that the database and Website are available for customers 24 / 7 days a week.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” video in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.”
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Review the available SQL 2012 editions. Recommend the edition which you believe should be installed based on the usage. Justify your recommendation. Note: Keep in mind to consider scalability into the decision.
- Suggest the naming convention you would use for the object in the database.
- Analyze the potential backup / recovery options. Outline a plan for ensuring that the database meets the 24 / 7 availability.
- Provide a SQL script (DDL) to create the tables with their relationships, including data types, primary keys, and foreign keys. Note: You may optionally include constraints.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources