- Identify oneissue area that you want investigate. Use the assigned resources required for this discussion to gather information about the goals and proposals, in that issue area, of three U.S. political parties – the Democratic and Republican parties and a third party. Summarize each of the three parties’ policy goals in your issue area. Evaluate each party’s goals from two perspectives:
- According on your own political philosophy, values, or ideology based on the Political Typology Quiz results, which party’s position on this issue is closest to your own and which is furthest and why?
- Does each party currently have national popular support on this issue? If so, why, and if not, why not?
For example, if you are a ‘Steadfast Conservative,’ what do the Democratic Party, the Republican Party, and a third party have to say about your position on taxation? If you are a ‘Solid Liberal,’ what do Democrats, Republicans, and a third party say about your views on environmental issues? Who is the closest? Furthest away? Why?
- Your initial response must be 200 to 250 words.
- Justify your conclusions with facts and persuasive reasoning.
- Fully respond to all parts of the question and write your response in your own words.
- Support your position with APA citations to two or more resources required for this discussion.
- Please be sure that you demonstrate understanding of these resources, integrate them into your argument, and cite them properly.
- Absolutely NO Plagiarism!!!!