Requirements;apa format cover page, cites references, 12 font double space
Step 1: Create a case study based on your own life. Follow the headings as presented in the case studies on pages 29–30 of your text:
Complete your case study with a written narrative of 1 to 1½ pages about yourself. Unlike the case studies in the text, please write your assignment in the first person (“I am…,” “I was…”). Share only information you are comfortable sharing with others. If you prefer, you may create your case study about a family member or friend you know well.
Step 2: Write a reflection of 1 to 1½ pages on your current view of the meaning and importance of diversity consciousness in your personal life and/or in your workplace. Use the following questions as a guide for your reflection:
- What does “diversity consciousness” mean to you?
- How have your past life experiences affected your views of diversity and diversity consciousness?
- How have your views of diversity changed over time?
- How important is it to you to exercise diversity consciousness in your personal life and/or in your workplace?
Remember to cite concepts from your text in preparing your case study and to use APA style in your writing.
Total pages: 2–3
- Course Text: Bucher, R. D. (2015). Diversity consciousness: Opening our minds to people, cultures, and opportunities (4th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: PearsonEducation.
- Chapter 1, “Diversity: An Overview”
- Chapter 5, “Communicating in a Diverse World” (p. 144, “Eight Ground Rules for Difficult Dialogues”)