1. Briefly explain why the ability to work effectively in teams is so important in business.
2. Briefly describe the contents and importance of a meeting agenda.
3. What is telepresence?
4. List at least three benefits of effective listening in business.
5. Briefly describe the three roles nonverbal signals play in communication.
6. During a meeting with coworkers, your mobile phone rings. Should you answer it? Why or why not?
7. While having lunch with a client, what should you do with the business papers you brought to discuss? Why?
8. Briefly describe at least three advantages of a diverse workforce.
9. What is ethnocentrism and how can it be overcome?
10. Explain the difference between a high-context culture and a low-context culture and provide at least one example of each.
11. Before conducting business in another country, why is it worthwhile to learn common phrases in the native language even if your clients there will speak English?
12. A new employee who speaks English as a second language has just joined the design team you lead. You notice that she often looks confused during conversations. Describe at least three useful strategies for this situation.
Recall a time in which you worked closely with a team in business or in school. Identify the situation, the variables in play, and the individuals involved and explain it in a four page APA formatted paper. Then, compare and contrast the concepts in this week’s lecture material and readings to the situation and identify topics, content, or methods in which the situation was handled or could have been handled better according to the work. Your submission must be at least two pages in length. Be sure to use at least two APA-formatted references.
PART III: Journal
Write a two page APA formatted paper in which you review the primary material you learned this week and describe at least four ways that you can apply the material to team environments you may manage. Cite the original reference(s) using APA format.