What techniques did the counselor use to paraphrase and summarize the words of the clients? Was this effective?
Read the “Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy” do not need to read the entire script At a minimum, read from the 33-minute mark until the 70- minute mark, for a total of 37 minutes.
Write a 1,400- to 2,100-word paper about information-giving responses and the characteristics of interview phases. Include examples from the script that demonstrate the following topics:
- The counselor’s nonverbal and verbal skills
- Did certain questions or comments create a change in nonverbal or verbal actions for the clients?
- What open- and closed-ended questions did the counselor use?
- What techniques did the counselor use to paraphrase and summarize the words of the clients? Was this effective?
- How did the counselor apply the information-giving responses?
- Identify the exploration, clarification, and action stages of the interview.
- What are examples of reflective feeling?
- How did the counselor encourage the clients to self-disclose? Was she successful?
- Provide your thoughts on the overall interview structure. Was it a comfortable setting? How could it be improved?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.