Requirements: double space 12 font .cites ,references
- Locate a hate group on the Internet. The Southern Poverty Law Center’s “hate map” (http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/hate-map) provides a useful starting point.
- Analyze the site using the following questions:
- What appear to be the goals of this hate group?
- How does this group try to rationalize and “market” hate?
- What prejudices, stereotypes, and “isms” are revealed in this Web site?
Post the URL of the hate group you investigated and a written summary of your responses to the questions above. Suggest at least one response to confront the hate group’s position through proactive methods. Cite ideas from your readings as appropriate, particularly the section “Overcoming Diversity Barriers” on pages 83–89 of your text.
- Resources:Bucher, R. D. (2015). Diversity consciousness: Opening our minds to people, cultures, and opportunities (4th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
- Chapter 3, “Personal and Social Barriers to Success”