In this 500-600-word, essay-style Research Proposal, you will develop the project that you intend to write about for your final Research Paper. Research Proposal should also include a list of references in APA style and should adhere to APA convention throughout for in-text citation and style.
Research Proposal must contain the following elements:
1. Cover page and APA formatting:
2. Purpose: The following questions should be addressed in the first paragraph of your Research Proposal, which should be dedicated to establishing your purpose for doing this particular project.
• What is your rationale for this project?
• What do you hope to learn from the project, or what to do you want to see happen as a result of it?
• Who is your audience for this project?
• What role will you play in this project: investigator or advocate?
3. Statement of qualification: Address the following questions as they are applicable to your project.
• What is your investment in the topic?
• What personal experience do you bring to the topic?
• What special qualities do you bring to the project?
• How might your investment, experience, and special qualities make you particularly apt at developing this
4. Tentative argument: Address the following questions.
• What is the context surrounding your topic? In other words, is there some event that was a catalyst for bringing your topic into the public eye? (Optional)
• What is your explanation or definition of the topic?
• What is your analysis of the specific issue surrounding your topic?
• What is your tentative thesis statement or hypothesis?