Briefly summarize the journal article you found, including discussion of the following points, if relevant
The assignment: (1–2 pages)
- Considering both “typical” and “atypical” (i.e., pseudohermaphrodites) sexual development, briefly analyze the effects sex hormones seem to have on the development of gender-related behavioral and psychological characteristics in humans. In other words, what “masculine” characteristics are related to male hormones, and what “feminine” characteristics are related to female hormones?
- Briefly summarize the journal article you found, including discussion of the following points, if relevant:
- At what age and in what ways the subject(s) demonstrated characteristics of transgender.
- Possible sources (causes) of these characteristics, if addressed in the article.
- Description and outcome of any treatments that were attempted, if addressed.
- Compare and contrast the two sources of information (textbook and journal article) regarding biology and gender identity. Include all of the following that are relevant:
- How do the sources differ with respect to the type of information provided? In other words, what information can be gained from a literature review (textbook) versus a case study/research report (journal article)?
- On what points do the two sources agree?
- On what points do the two sources disagree?
- How do the two sources complement one another in helping you to understand the biological basis of gender identity? Be specific, using examples where appropriate.