Censorship in Western Culture university subject. The essay must be submitted before 30 october and must be 1500-2000 words long (including bibliography). Please find all my 5 essay’s topic above, you must choose a one you think you are able to write the best.
please find additional information from my lectures uploaded. A writer should use books that are given in a booklist file.
Essay titles for Essay.
(1) ëCensorship by definition always proceeds from the empirical assumptions advanced on its behalf by Plato more than two thousand years ago: art can corrupt; it can frighten children and disrupt authorityí? (Foulkes) Discuss this assertion with reference to several cases.
(2) ëTo be for or against censorship as such is to assume a freedom no one has. Censorship is. One can only discriminate among its more or less repressive effects.í (Holquist) Discuss.
(3) How relevant are Freud’s notions of taboo to the debates over censorship?
(4) Examine the contention that ëpolicing the mind rather than its productí is the ultimate goal of censorship.
(5) How effective are strategies designed to obviate censorship? Discuss with reference to at least two such strategies.
(6) Can the Czech mediaeval religious reformer Jan Hus be regarded as an early example of intellectual dissidence and a proponent of pluralism in thinking? Discuss.ed plagiarism. Quoting a source is fine when necessary, but sources MUST be cited.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!