Leadership is often defined as the ability to influence people to do what they normally would not do. An effective leader guides the organization, and its employees, to accomplish organizational goals. An unethical leader, in the same vein, can guide the organization and its employees to act unethically, harming both the organization and the stakeholders. Leadership is an exploration, a reflection, and a test of what the leader values. Seeking understanding of how you resolve ethical dilemmas, taking inventory of where an ethical weakness may lie, and examining the traits of an ethical leader helps you define, shape, and apply an ethical decision-making framework that takes in consideration all stakeholders that may be impacted by your decisions.
This task focuses on you, as a leader, by helping you to define, refine, and test your ethical boundaries through a series of self-reflection and analysis.
Prepare a report (suggested length of 7-10 pages) in which you do the following:
A. Select a leader who you feel has exhibited exemplary ethical conduct and do the following:
1. Discuss at least two ethical traits that the leader demonstrated.
2. Explain how the leader exhibited ethical conduct.
B. Submit a copy of the PDF file with your results from the Ethical Lens Inventory (ELI), which was completed in the course of study, as a separate document. Reflect on the ELI by doing the following:
1. Explain your preferred ethical lens or what it means to have “none”.
a. Analyze whether you have the same preferred lens in different settings (i.e., work personal, social).
2. Describe one of the following: your blind spot, risk, temptation, or vice.
a. Discuss at least three steps you will take to mitigate your blind spot, risks, temptations, or vices in order to make better ethical decisions in the future.
3. Explain your core and classical values from the ELI.
a. Discuss how these core and classical values compare to the top five values from the Clarifying Your Values exercise, found in the course of study.
4. Discuss how you plan to use the ethical lenses to approach ethical situations throughout your professional life.
C. Develop your own ethical framework, using Stephen Covey’s article “Moral Compassing,” that you would use when faced with an ethical dilemma by doing the following:
1. Identify an ethical dilemma in a business setting.
Note: You may also choose an ethical dilemma you have witnessed at your current place of employment.
2. Discuss the context of the identified dilemma.
3. Evaluate at least two potential solutions to the dilemma.
4. Recommend which solution from part C3 you would implement.
a. Discuss the ethical lens reflected by the recommended solution.
5. Reflect on the ethics of your decision.
D. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
As an organizational leader, one of your primary roles is establishing programs and policies that ensure the organization operates under ethical considerations and legal mandates. This responsibility includes informing employees of the organization’s code of ethics; communicating the code of ethics to them; providing training to them; and ensuring that operational aspects, such as information technology, are administered in a legal and ethical manner.
In this task, you will assume the role of a leader who must decide what leadership power you will use to develop a strong organizational ethical climate. In your position as a leader, you will need to satisfy the concerns of stakeholders, understand the organization’s ethical standing, examine a code of ethics, develop a training program, and lastly, examine the ethical consequences of certain information technology practices.
You are a business manager or administrator of Paradigm Toys, a publicly held company. The board of directors has asked you to conduct an ethics audit of Paradigm Toys and report to them the ethical climate of the organization, including corporate social responsibility, the need for ethics training, and the ethical use of the company’s information technology assets.
Prepare a report (suggested length of 4–6 pages) for the board of directors at Paradigm Toys in which you do the following:
A. Explain which one of the following powers you feel would be the most effective in establishing an ethical climate at Paradigm Toys:
B. Identify two primary and two secondary stakeholders that influence Paradigm Toys.
1. Analyze two ways that the board of directors at Paradigm Toys will meet their corporate social responsibility to the primary and secondary stakeholders identified in part B.
C. Reflect on the importance of ethical leadership by doing the following:
1. Explain what an ethics audit is.
a. Discuss the value that an ethics audit could bring to Paradigm Toys.
2. Explain the use of a balanced scorecard when evaluating executive-level performance at Paradigm Toys.
a. Discuss at least three reasons behind including financial and non-financial performance factors in the balanced scorecard.
3. Explain the purpose of corporate social responsibility (CSR).
a. Explain how Paradigm Toys would practice corporate social responsibility.
D. Select a well-known, publicly-held company and analyze the company’s code of ethics by doing the following:
Note: You should be able to find the company’s code of ethics on the company’s website or in the company’s annual 10k report.
1. Analyze whether the code of ethics is lacking in the area of corporate social responsibility.
2. Analyze whether the code of ethics is lacking in compliance with legal mandates.
3. Analyze whether the code of ethics is lacking in facilitating the development of an ethical culture.
Note: If the code of ethics is not lacking in these areas, make sure you explain why.
4. Include the code of ethics you analyzed with your response by copying and pasting the code into a separate document. Please include this as a separate attachment.
E. Create a proposal for implementing an ethics training program at Paradigm Toys by doing the following:
1. Identify at least three key areas that you would include in your training program.
2. Explain how you would use communication to enhance the training program.
3. Recommend a delivery method that you believe would be most effective for the training program.
F. Evaluate the IT issues listed below by doing the following:
1. Discuss how Paradigm Toys would address the ethical consequences of three of the IT issues listed below.
● monitoring employees’ internet usage
● monitoring sites visited by employees
● recording keystrokes on employees’ computers
● sharing of client or employee data
● protection of client and employee data
● copyright, trademark, and patent protection
G. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!