OBJECTIVES COVERED DURING THIS WEEK
•Define ethics as it relates to education
•Define ethical decision making
•Define End-Based Ethics
•Define Rules-Based Ethics
•Define Care-Based Ethics
•Develop a better understanding of the Ethical/cultural decision-making model.
(Using the Ten Step Process)
1. Pre-read the six components of the lesson (listed as the learning objectives) when you “click” on Module 6.
2. Analyze and reflect on the two readings aligned with Principal Competency 3 about “Knowledge of ethics and integrity” (Standard I).
Start with Chapter 5, Ethics and School Administration (pages 85-100 in the text book) and then read, analyze, and reflect on the article listed for Module 5 found in Doc Sharing. You may have already downloaded and read this, yet this is the article that goes with Module 6 (Ethics-Competency 3) rather than with Module 5 (Change-Competency 7).This article is entitled Practicing a Professional Ethic: Leading for Students’ Best Interests by William Frick (37 pages).
3. Next, analyze the six components of the Lesson on Module 6-Ethics and School Administration. (You first read these components in Step 1. These are listed as Learning Objectives for Module 6 and begin as…”Define ethics as it relates to education.”)
4. Watch the video and analyze the message from Dr. Robert Prentice where he “Examines Research on Ethical Decisions” (35 minutes and 29 seconds). Be sure to analyze and write about the “McGurk effect” and research on the “split brain” and epilepsy. Analyze the research from Michael Gazzaniga about “moral self-regulation” and the “ethical” brain found in the video.
5. Continue with the Lesson and analyze the Ethical Decision Making Framework and reflect and write about the five stages of ethical decision making beginning with “assessing the situation.” Apply these five steps or five stages to your reflection and also to your Discussion this week.
6. Use the Ethical Decision Making Framework in your Discussion this week. Group A will see the case study for the first time, yet all A-D Groups, now should apply these steps to the Discussion to enhance your ethical decision making skills. Remember that if you have already responded to the Daniel video you may use some of what you wrote earlier, yet use what you have learned this week including the “five steps.”
7. Watch and analyze the video, Learning Leadership Ethical Dilemmas-Daniel Case Study. Use the five steps from the Ethical Decision Making Framework (found in the Lesson) to analyze, evaluate, and complete your first post by Thursday, your response post by Saturday, and your final response post by Sunday. Remember that since some of you have already seen the video to analyze your earlier posts, you must now use the ‘five step” framework when you are posting to the Discussion question.
8. Analyze the Ethics and Governance graphic organizer and analyze decisions from ethical decisions that are low risk, moderate risk, and high risk. Reflect on these and include your analysis in your Reflection for Module 6.
9. Your Reflection paper must include all the learning materials listed here for Module 6 and be formatted using the American Psychological Association (APA) Manual, 6th Edition guidelines. Your reflection paper should be no less than three pages and references should be cited correctly.
Please adhere to APA 6th Guidelines to receive a maximum of points and be sure to refer to your APA Manual for guidance in formatting your paper. All papers must have your names on them.
As you are viewing these clips, think about the Principal Standards and how the content presented in these video relate, confirm or conflict with what you have read as well as your own professional experiences.
What would you do as the school leader? In explaining your decision, make reference to the framework presented. Do you believe that your decision was fair and ethical? Is there a difference between fair decisions and ethical decisions? Defend your answers. Provide detailed information to substantiate your responses to the above posed questions.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!