The Good Citizen by Russell Dalton
questions relating to Russell Dalton’s, The Good Citizen.
1) How does Dalton define the engaged citizen and the duty-based citizen? What are the distinctions between the two types of citizens? (You should plan on quoting or paraphrasing material directly from Dalton’s book, including page numbers, in class.)
2) What are the different forms of participation that Dalton talks about?
3) How does participation differ between the duty-based citizen and the engaged citizen?
4) What is the relationship between the older/ younger generations and tolerance?
5) What is relationship between the duty-based citizen and the engaged citizen and tolerance?
6) What is the difference between being simply a citizen and being a good citizen?
7) What conclusions does Dalton come to about millennials and good citizenship?