Important!!!! : this is for : Business Law – Case Study Analysis
Peter advertised widely in the media, offering various subscription deals to ‘Vision’, his politics magazine. One deal provided a subscription for three years and required payment of £100 to be made by 30 April. Orders received after that date would be charged at £150. Ray sent an order with a cheque for £100, which he posted on 25 April. His order was not delivered until the afternoon of 30 April because of a postal delay. It was then too late to put the cheque into the bank. Peter processed the order but would not supply any magazines until Ray paid a further £50.
Sara paid £75 for a two-year subscription but, after 13 months, was informed that unexpected increases in costs made it absolutely necessary to charge an extra £15. Peter would not send any more magazines until the additional payment was made.
Tom wrote some book reviews for ‘Vision’. A few months later, Peter told Tom that he could have a free, one-year subscription to ‘Vision’, in recognition of the reviews he had written. Tom received no magazines.
Write a commentary and analysis of the contract law implications in the case study. You must use case law to provide evidence for the points that you make.
You should try to include most of the following:
• A discussion of the extent to which each of the requirements of a legally binding contract between Ray and Vision Magazine are satisfied.
• An assessment of whether Ray owes the extra £50 to Vision Magazine.
• An assessment of the legal rights, duties and remedies of Vision Magazine, and of Sarah, regarding the extra £15 charge.
• A discussion of the extent to which each of the requirements of a legally binding contract between Vision Magazine and Tom are satisfied.
• An assessment of the legal rights, duties and remedies between Vision Magazine and Tom.
• An assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of the current law on offer and acceptance in contract, and consider what reforms may be proposed to remedy any deficiencies.
Deadline: Monday 13th June 2016, 12:00 midday (To the assignment dropbox on Study Direct)
Essay Submission format – very important
• use Arial font, size 11
• use double line spacing
• have 2.5cm margins down the left and right of the page
• insert a footer to include page numbers, your name and student number
• upload your work in Word format into the appropriate ‘drop box’ on Study Direct
• complete the pro-forma declaration cover sheet and attach this to your assignment.
Please ensure that this sheet includes:
• report Title (your chosen company name with ‘Case Study’),
• course title & module name (e.g. IY1 Business & Management, Business Law)
• group (e.g. IBM_J3),
• your full name and the English name you are known by
• your student candidate number
• your word count on the cover sheet.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ASSIGNMENTS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE.
Currently 1 writers are viewing this order